Happy Wednesday-half way through the week!
Today, I'm happy to have Natalie from At Home with the Hinkleys taking over my blog. But first, Natalie took advantage of my free ads for blogs with 100 or fewer followers back in December. If you're interested in sponsoring JASTG, you can receive a free ad if you have less than 100 followers, if you have more than 100 the other ads are some of the cheapest around. I'd love to work with you!
***
Hi everyone! I am Natalie from At Home with the Hinkleys and I am so excited to be guest posting today!
My blog is about my life in Houston, TX with my husband and
As we are all aware 2013 is here and our resolutions and goals hopefully haven't been forgotten yet, one week in. I am by no means a health expert, but my resolution from year to year is to shape up, eat better and exercise.
This is tough because I love to eat everything and anything, and I don't like being sweaty, having to wake up early, and my nights are devoted to watching tv. Well I came up with a mini solution of how to get some exercise in, and it is something I really enjoy to do.
20 minute dance party!
(or free-style zumba, maybe?)
So on mornings where I managed to drag myself out of bed a little early, I turn on my jams and dance like no one is watching. Because no one is watching, my hubs is still asleep! If someone were watching, I'd probably be super embarrassed, but luckily I haven't crossed that bridge yet!
So yeah, the quick 20 mins of dance party will burn about 120 calories. I know it doesn't seem like much, but it gets your heart moving, and your metabolism revved up for the day! Plus it is fun and doesn't even seem like exercising, which is key for me to do it at all.
You don't need fancy equipment or shoes, just 20 minutes of tunes with a good beat!
My favorites to shake it to are Lady Gaga, The Black Eyed Peas, and Ke$ha. It only takes about 5-6 songs to make a 20 minute block.
Hopefully this will inspire the anti-exercisers like me to make a small effort to be more active and improve your dance moves all at the same time!
***
I'd love to know how you fit exercise in your busy schedule?

3 comments:
Ooooh this sounds like such a fabulous idea. Thanks for the heads up. I fear I might try this! x
That does sound like fun! Since hubs works 3 - 11, I have started doing squats, lunges, arms, and abs while watching whatever 30 minutes of tv I catch when I walk in the door. There is no real rhyme or reason to what I do, but I still get to veg out and then it's done before dinner.
The morning is probably the best way, but I can not make myself get up at 5:30, I just can't.
oh dancing is my fave. def. the best thing to do when you're in need of a little exercise.
Post a Comment