Blogging tips

Friday, January 4, 2013

Moonlight Shimmer {Giveaway}

I am very excited to be expanding my blog to reach out and help more people as I grow. 
One way that I've begun doing that is offering cheap sponsorships. I want to keep my prices low so that they're accessible to more people. Then, I want to give you the ultimate sponsoring experience. I want to do whatever I can to promote your blog or business. 
Interested in sponsoring JASTG? Check out my sponsor page found at the top of the blog.
***
Today, I want to introduce you to my one of my business sponsors: Moonlight Shimmer. 
 
 Check out some of the things you can find at this shop:


This is just a small taste. There is so much to choose from. I also have to point out that I love how this shop is arranged by the color of the jewelry. So, you can see pieces in similar colors all together while you're shopping. 

Julie tells us more about Moonlight Shimmer:

Why did you start Moonlight Shimmer?
I originally started making jewelry for fun and just made things for myself and for gifts. My stash of beads kept growing, and even though I had more than enough jewelry for myself, I kept wanting to make new pieces. I started Moonlight Shimmer on Etsy to give myself a way to fund the hobby. After I started selling, I loved the business aspects as well. The best part is hearing positive feedback from customers.

What kind of merchandise do you offer?
 I design and make beaded jewelry. Some of my pieces are sparkly, some use chunky stone beads, and some are crocheted with wire.

What inspires your designs?
It’s all about the supplies. Most of the time when I buy beads, I have no specific plans for how to use them. I just buy beads that I think are beautiful and then figure out which ones will look good together when I’m in the mood to create. I also love learning new techniques, so sometimes my designs are an attempt to try something new that I just learned.

In the spirit of New Year's, what are 3 things you want to work on doing better in the new year?
·         Improve my craft show display. I just started doing craft fairs in the fall and I’d like to participate in some of the larger shows in my area this spring.·         Take better photos of jewelry on a model. On Etsy, I have photos of my necklaces being worn so customers can get a better idea of the length and how the necklaces hang. Photographing a person has been harder for me than photographing an object in a light box.
·         Develop a consistent brand message.
 
You can also follow along with Moonlight Shimmer on Twitter and Facebook.

Today, Julie would like ONE lucky reader to win these beautiful earrings:
*Please read the rules carefully before entering.*
 Rules:
1. This giveaway is only open to U.S. residents.
2. Must be 18 or older to enter.
3.  The first 2 entries are MANDATORY to win. All entries will be verified. If the winner chosen did not complete the first 2 entries plus the winning entry, a new winner will be chosen.
4. The winner will have 48 hours to claim their prize before a new winner will be chosen. Winners will be contacted through email. 
 

5 comments:

Kimberly H said...

I LOVE that first bracelet! The clasp is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Great giveaway! Also, everytime I'm on your blog I get Don't Stop Believin' in my head..

Lauren | Beautifully Mint said...

You seem like a wonderful sponsor! I just signed up for the 100x100 newbie ad for us baby bloggers withh 100 GFC or less. :) Super excited!

Kelly Steele said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly Steele said...

Beautiful!