We all love Pinterest. It's a great place to get ideas or a good laugh, but unfortunately some people's sense of humor differs greatly from mine.
I'm not necessarily talking about the completely inappropriate nude pins I've seen (and reported) or the pins containing curse words. Pinning that is your choice. I choose not to, but I can see the humor in the message of most of them.
No, I'm talking about things like this:
I would never put something like this on my (as of now nonexistent) children. It sends a terrible message. My husband will be the "real dad" of my children. There will be no question of their paternity. I understand that this is meant to be funny and I understand that many women are head over heels for Luke Bryan, but this is going overboard. I also try to put myself in other's shoes. I wouldn't want my husband joking around that someone else was the mother of our children, so I owe him the same respect.
This one is usually accompanied by the caption "Make a secret stash of inappropriate pictures and compile for their 18th birthday." You can guess what's behind my censor bar in this picture. First of all, I don't use language like this and don't want to encourage that in my (as of now nonexistent) children. Secondly, your child is not an accessory. If you want to take funny and inappropriate pictures of something buy an Elf on the Shelf. A child is given to you by God to train up and disciple. This isn't a very good start.
Again, I understand that this is supposed to be funny. But it is SO inconsiderate of those who can't have children. My heart breaks for people who are unable to have children. I wish that people who can have children would realize that it is not a blessing that everyone gets to experience.
Would you be okay with your husband watching porn in order to get turned on to be with you? I wouldn't. This would hurt me a lot. People can say all they want that these books are different, but I disagree. What you put in your mind will affect how you act. God commands us to keep our thoughts pure. I wrote more on this topic here and here if you're interested.
I know there are plenty of inappropriate things people are pinning on Pinterest. These just stuck out to me. Maybe because they involve children. Maybe because they involve people not considering others' feelings. Whatever the reason, these pins bother me.





8 comments:
Love this post! It's so true. I also don't like seeing married women with Pinterest boards called "Eye Candy"... Most girls wouldn't like it if their husband had a board called that full of pictures of strange women...
I completely agree. I think those onesies have a very "I'm a silly teenage girl" line of thinking behind them. If that's what you choose to dress your brand new baby in (especially the first and last one), it's time to grow up.
I don't find any of these to be funny, either. I'm relieved to see that someone can relate to me not having this sort of humor. I know that some people would think that I just can't "lighten up"....but I think that certain things (such as the real father of a child) are too serious to be joked about.
I recently saw one of those annoying Facebook quote pictures (that everyone posts these days), which said: "Love is when you want to kill someone, but you don't do it because you would miss them." What a sick definition that is. How can you be in love with someone they bother you to the point of fantasizing about killing them?
I agree with you - I don't find them all that funny and I would be hurt if my husband said something like that about me, so I would never say that a celebrity was the "real daddy" of our future children. And I still don't get the obsession with 50 Shades. They are TERRIBLY written books that are only popular because they made BDSM mainstream. Not impressed.
omg!! I haven't seen any of those but woww!
I am so with you on all of these. The whole online world exposes me to so many things I find inappropriate, especially the language, things I don't allow in my every day life, but there's not a way to filter them out. All of the porn(ish) focused stuff from women that are married is incredibly sad and disrespectful to their spouses. Excellent post and thank you for standing up and saying it ♥
Visiting from the link up and I TOTALLY agree with you. Those are trashy not classy. Keep it classy people.
I TOTALLY agree with you on all of these. Especially the 50 Shades of Grey one. I don't get how people can say those books aren't porn, that they're sooooo good. Really? Not my kind of thing.
Post a Comment