So, I'm just going to go ahead and say it. I'm not a fan of Valentine's Day. I don't understand the point of having a day to celebrate love. Love is something that should be celebrated and encouraged daily. Lee and I have never made a big deal of Valentine's Day. We might get each other a card or the other person's favorite candy or chocolate. But we don't really do big Valentine's gifts (another reason for this could be the fact that his birthday is February 10 and mine is February 25).
Today, in honor of Valentine's Day, I'm linking up with The Life of a Not So Ordinary Wife to see how well Lee knows me.
We both took this list of questions and answered them on our own (I promise!).
Here are my answers in pink, Lee's in blue, and any thoughts I want to add are in red (I give so much more detail than him):
How long have you been married?
We have been married since July 17, 2010. So, a little over 2 and a half years.
Since July 17, 2010
Since July 17, 2010
Where was your first date?
Our first date was to Chili's and a movie. I think we went and saw We are Marshall. We went to Chili's with 2 of my friends and then the movies alone.
Chili’s and a movie, We are Marshall maybe
Where was your first kiss?
Where was your first kiss?
Our first kiss was in my friends' apartment. This was Lee's first visit to my college campus and I had just taken him on a tour around the campus and I really wanted him to kiss me sometime during that tour. I definitely hinted at it, but it didn't happen until later.
In Troy
Since most of you don't know, Troy is the town where I went to college.
In Troy
Since most of you don't know, Troy is the town where I went to college.
Who first said, "I love you"?
Lee did. We waited a very long time to say "I love you." I think one reason we waited is we were both a little scared because we knew this is it, this person's the one. Also, Lee had never said it to anyone and it had been a long time since I had. I LOVE how he said "I love you." It was so sweet. You can read about it here.
I did in her hometown on the Square
I did in her hometown on the Square
What were your wedding colors?
Our wedding colors were brown and orange.
Brown and Orange
What is her most commonly used phrase?
What is her most commonly used phrase?
He's probably going to say my most commonly used phrase is "whatever." He hates when I say that.
Whatever
Told ya!
Whatever
Told ya!
Who is her celebrity crush?
I really just kept this in to see what he'd say. I don't have a celebrity crush. While obviously, I know that other men are attractive, I try not to fixate on them.
Jackie Chan
I'm guessing he said that because he couldn't think of a real answer. I most definitely do not have a crush on Jackie Chan.
What is the best meal she has ever cooked you?
I feel like he'll probably say roast. Lee loves roast and sides.
Baked Spaghetti or Roast
I really just kept this in to see what he'd say. I don't have a celebrity crush. While obviously, I know that other men are attractive, I try not to fixate on them.
Jackie Chan
I'm guessing he said that because he couldn't think of a real answer. I most definitely do not have a crush on Jackie Chan.
What is the best meal she has ever cooked you?
I feel like he'll probably say roast. Lee loves roast and sides.
Baked Spaghetti or Roast
What is the worst meal she has ever cooked you?
I feel like he's going to say something Mexican. He makes fun of how much "Mexican" food I make.
He's never really said he dislikes anything I've made and I can't think of a meal I've ever made and never made again.
I can’t remember one, not a big fan of stuff with sour cream in it
Man, I must be an awesome cook. :)
What is the most-played song on her iPod?
This one's tough for me to answer. No one song just sticks out as being my most played song. Recently, I've been playing "Need You Now (How Many Times)" by Plumb a lot.
Not sure about song but I would say Christian music maybe Need You Now by Plumb
This one's tough for me to answer. No one song just sticks out as being my most played song. Recently, I've been playing "Need You Now (How Many Times)" by Plumb a lot.
Not sure about song but I would say Christian music maybe Need You Now by Plumb
What would she say is your most annoying habit?
I can only pick one?! Just kidding. Boys are kind of gross and the amount of times he passes gas in a day annoys me. He may also kill me for saying that.
My gas
Now I don't feel so bad for saying it.
What is the last thing she does before she goes to bed?
The last thing I do before I go to bed is brush my teeth and wash my face. Then, I have Lee tuck me in. :) Some nights I also read right before going to sleep.
Brushes her teeth and reads a book
If you could throw out one item of her clothing what would it be?
If Lee could throw out one item of clothing, it would be my "sexy bear sweater." If you don't know what I'm talking about, I wrote a post about it.
Yoga pants
I'm honestly shocked he didn't say the bear sweatshirt. Doesn't he know I wrote a whole post about that thing!?!
Yoga pants
I'm honestly shocked he didn't say the bear sweatshirt. Doesn't he know I wrote a whole post about that thing!?!
What would you say is your favorite thing about her?
I hope he's going to say his favorite thing is my kind, compassionate, and giving heart.
Her caring and loving heart
Well, he didn't use the same words as me, but it's basically saying the same thing.
What's her blog's name?!
My blog name is Just a Small Town Girl.
Just a Small Town Girl
Just a Small Town Girl
That was definitely a fun post to put together. I'm happy that apparently we know each other pretty well. I can't wait to read other people's posts.
Happy Valentine's Day!

9 comments:
Jackie Chan would be hysterical! LOL
Hah!! How could he forget about the bear sweater??! I need to go read that post.
Ha too funny!! Glad yall know each other so well...except for the whole celeb crush thing :)
Haha I wish I would have known about this. I so would have done it with the hubs!
Haha I loved reading this post! Such a cute idea, I'm curious what my hubby would say... hmm.
Yoga pants are sacred... :p
HAHA - Jackie Chan. I'm surprised he would throw out yoga pants! My husband likes it when I wear them around the house...haha...weird. This was so fun to read!
dont you love how guys give such shorter answers haha, my husband did the same thing on our survey!
stopping by from the link up!
I could never part with my yogo pants!
Post a Comment