A few months ago, I was introduced to this fun link up.
It's basically a link up where you share something that makes the place where you live unique.
I thought this was a fun concept for a link up and it's a great way to learn about new places.
For me, I didn't grow up in North Carolina. I lived for 22 years in the same town in Alabama. It's funny when you move to a new place, you realize everyone doesn't live the same way I do. You realize that each state has its own uniqueness.
North Carolinians love their lighthouses.
Lee and I were lucky enough to get to see some of them when we visited the Outer Banks last spring. There's something very romantic about a lighthouse.
Cape Hatteras Lighthouse
Bodie Island Lighthouse
Currituck County Lighthouse
The Cape Hatteras Lighthouse is like an icon in NC
What I found so interesting when we moved here is the fact that people have lighthouse replicas in their yard as decoration.
Although, I can't say too much. The lighthouses are growing on me too.
This is in our living room:
My blog favicon is also a lighthouse and my new button picture that I'm using is a lighthouse.







8 comments:
I think it's cool. :)
That is so cute. I have a family friend who loves Lighthouses and collects them. Now I must see if see secretly grew up in NC and just didn't tell anyone.
Not sure if my comment went up or not, blogger had a momentary fizzle there... but I was saying I like this concept and your pictures!
Haha yes we do! After being away for a few years I have missed lighthouses & all the other coastal elements.
I mentioned you on my blog! Keep a look-out for the next day or so! -Kelsey from Keeping Up With Kelsey
http://kelseyhomolka-keepingupwithkelsey.blogspot.com/
"It's funny when you move to a new place, you realize everyone doesn't live the same way I do."
So true!
I love the thing about the lighthouses in the yard. Here in Texas there's a thing with Texas stars for decorations...especially on fences. I can't remember any particular lawn decoration in California (well, save Virgin Mary statues...there was a large Catholic population in San Bernardino). Makes me wonder what other state's lawn decor trends are!
Hola- here from the hop, from Florida where we have our share of lighthouses too, but not many as mailboxes. Flamingos and fish, Spanish style houses these seem to be the typical around here... BB2U
i'm from NC and currently live here (although i left for 5 years) and have never been to the outer banks........... so sad!!
Post a Comment