Before I make the announcement, I still have some spots available for a FREE gift made especially for you by me from my Pay it Forward post. Check it out.
***
I am very excited to share with you something that I have had in the works for many months.
***
I am very excited to share with you something that I have had in the works for many months.
This started out as an idea that I gradually built upon.
I have been doing a LOT of behind the scenes work in the last few weeks.
My biggest desire for my blog and the #1 reason why I expanded my blog beyond friends and family was to use it to help others.
Earlier this year, God laid on my heart a desire to help families trying to adopt. I can't tell you how many times I have sat in front of my computer and cried over stories of adoption and orphans I've found posted on people's blogs.
Since then, I have found many different blogs and other websites where people have been trying to raise funds for an adoption. Lee and I have done what we can to try and contribute.
We've bought tshirts, a bracelet, and donated in various ways.
However, I still wanted to do something more. This feeling has been gnawing away at me until a few months ago, I had an idea of what I could do.
I present to you:
I hope you will support me in this venture as I hope to make it a yearly event.
What is Ornaments for Adoption? Well, you can head over to my Ornaments for Adoption page for more information.....
or....
....I will give you the basics here:
From October 1-December 17, I will be selling ornaments to raise money for a family trying to adopt. You can find pictures of examples of ornaments on the OFA page or on my Facebook page.
(Which I would suggest liking because I'll be adding more photos as I complete new ornaments.)
I will also be hosting a weekly feature about adoption every Monday from October 1-December 17. Each week I will either be posting information I've found or ways I've found to help families trying to adopt or orphans. I will also be having some people guest post who have personal experience with adoption.
What can you do to help?
Well, obviously you can purchase an ornament during the selling time.
But right now, I would also love to have you help spread the word. Post the OFA button found in my sidebar on your blog. Link this post to your Pinterest account. Post about this on Facebook tagging me @Just a Small Town Girl's Blog. Tweet about this post tagging me @JASTG_blog and using #OrnamentsforAdoption.
Do you or someone you know have personal experience with adoption? I still have a few spots open for guest posts. Email me at mdhall88@gmail.com if interested.
I look forward to seeing this dream become a reality.



8 comments:
This is wonderful. I'm all for helping others. I'd love to put your button on my page to help out...I dont have a ton of traffic yet, but I'll put it out there :)
http://theeclecticgrabbag.blogspot.com
Yay!! So excited! Were you able to add the Christian Adoption link up button? I'm adding the ornament button to the blog and sharing your post on FB and Twitter! Praying this goes extremely well!!!!
Christie
If you don't know Mae yet, go check out her story at her blog. She is leaving very soon to go pick up her adopted baby in Ghana!
http://maemcconnell.blogspot.com/
--Halie
Are the ornaments already available for sale? I can't tell.
Adding the button now! I Love ornaments, can't wait to buy!!
I can't wait for this :) You are amazing Megan! Putting it on my blog now!
Apparently commenting from my phone isn't working :(
Congratulations!! this is such a great idea! I've always thought you did such a cute job of creating ornaments! What a creative way to spread Christ's love!
Hi there! I'm a new follower from the blog hop and would love a follow back at www.sugarplumsandlollipops.blogspot.com Don't forget to follow me on twitter & Pinterest. I follow back all of my twitter & Pinterest followers :)
Post a Comment