Blogging tips

Sunday, September 16, 2012

First Time at Sunday Social

Many of the blogs I follow participate in this weekly link up. I always love reading everyone's responses to the questions. It's a great way to get to know other bloggers better. So, this week I thought...why don't I participate in this link up?


Sunday Social


1. 5 items you can't live without on a daily basis(water, food, shelter, and clothes dont count) 
1. A computer with internet connection
2. A good book (I get SO bored when I don't have something to read)
3. Floss (I hate having stuff stuck in my teeth...It drives me crazy!) 
4. A blanket (I love cuddling up under a blanket. I don't like when our house is too hot for this.)
5. Ponytail holder (Right now I'm growing my hair out and trying not to use a straightener on it, so it's pretty much always pulled back.)
2. All time favorite book? Why?
 Harry Potter series. I can't tell you how many times I've read through these books. I read through them about once every year to year and a half. It never gets old no matter how many times I read it. To me, that's the mark of a great book. I love the story and the characters. I also cry at various times throughout the books no matter how many times I've read it. I get so involved in the story.
3. Something you'd like to accomplish before the end of 2012?
I want to read at least 2 more nonfiction books. Reading more nonfiction was one of my resolutions this year. I've done a really great job with it so far. I've read about 7 nonfiction books this year which is a vast improvement from reading none.
4. If you could go back and relive any year of your life which year would it be?
Anywhere between 2008-2010. This was part of the time I was in college. College is the best years of your life. You only go to school for a few hours a day and if you're lucky like me...you don't have a job. I had very few responsibilities yet I had independence from my parents. I took a nap almost every day. I chose those years in particular because those are the years I lived with my best friend. We had so much fun doing random stuff together-things that you can only do while in college.
5. What do you wish people knew about you without you having to tell them?
 I'm not shy! I don't like being called shy. Shy is defined as being scared or having little self-assurance. I'm just quiet. I don't talk for the sake of talking. I don't think of things to say easily. I'm no good at "small talk." I think before I speak and often over-analyze so that I end up saying nothing. I enjoy listening to others and often don't realize that I'm adding nothing to the conversation.
Well, there you have it....my first Sunday Social. I'm looking forward to reading other's responses as well as participating in many more!

Happy Sunday!

9 comments:

Katlyn Larson said...

Yay for computers with internet connection!! There should be global wifi that's free to everyone I think! Everyone would be happier! :)

Katlyn
www.thedreamymeadow.com

Tiffany @ Austin Family Diary said...

Awesome! Love that you've read HP so many times! I borrowed the books from a friend but feel like I need to buy the box set for myself. Maybe a birthday present??

Brittany said...

I love cuddling under blankets. And computers with an internet connection are a must!

Megan Card said...

I just awarded you with the Versatile Blogger Award! Thank you for sharing your heart with us :)

-Megan @ {All Things New}

Anonymous said...

I found you on the Sunday Social! My blog's name is 'Small Town Girl' so I thought it was cool that yours is similar! :)

www.kelleysprinkle.blogspot.com

Anie Chol said...

Fun social interaction linky party! I might have to give it a try! Your blog is super cute, and Im excited to read more! I found you from the Nomination list from Megan over at {All things new}. Congrats!
Your newest follower, Thyme
Would love a follow back! 14sixty.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

love this! great book choice dear! stopping by from ss! cant wait to read more about your blog! its super cute :)

Angi said...

I *wish* I could say I can't live without floss...haha. I hate flossing...necessary evil I guess. ;-)

Ashley said...

I always have a ponytail holder with me too!!!

What are some of your favorite non fiction books?