Hello lovely followers! (Wow, that sounds like I'm leading some kind of cult)
Hello friends! (Better.)
Thank you so much to those of you who have supported Ornaments for Adoption in some way. It makes me so happy to see you posting my button on your side bar or spreading the word through your blog, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Googlt+ or anything else that's out there.
A big thanks also to those of you who have ordered ornaments! I'm loving making them.
We are not quite half way through Ornaments for Adoption! There's still plenty of time to spread the word or buy your own ornament (or two).
To learn more about ordering an ornament, you can visit the Ornaments for Adoption page found at the top of my blog.
For the past 2 weeks, I've had some awesome people guest post about adoption. If you missed any of the previous OFA posts, you can read them here:
I also have some great guest posts coming up in the next 5 weeks. You don't want to miss them!
This week I would like to share some things with you.
First, I would like to share some blogs that I've come across and enjoy reading that are written by adoptive or prospective adoptive families.
I found this first blog through Pinterest. This is the blog that gave me a new perspective about adoption. I have bought 2 shirts from this family to help fund their adoption. They had great designs!
This blog is the blog of a wife of a seminary professor where my husband goes to school. Lee told me about the blog. Her husband has written a book about adoption (which I will talk about in December) and they have adopted 5 kids.
This next blogger actually found me first. I'm fairly new to her blog, but she is hilarious! She has adopted 3 children from China.
Dawn is a great blogger I've recently come across. (Plus she's a JASTG sponsor) She hosts a Sunday blog hop and she will be guest posting for OFA in December. Dawn has experience with adoption that is not often discussed.
Dawn's Disaster- Dawn's personal blog
A Birth Mother's Story- Dawn's adoption blog
I recently found this blog through Facebook although I've been following her sister-in-law's blog since I started blogging. She has recently adopted a little girl from Taiwan who is adorable!
This bloggy friend you should already know because she guest posted for me last week. Megan and her family are in the process of adopting from Africa. She is also starting a blog Bible study which I am looking forward to participating in.
You should also already know this bloggy friend. She guest posted for me 2 weeks ago and she has been very supportive of OFA. She adopted a little girl and has had an adoption fall through as well. Christie hosts a link up called Christian Adoption Link Up where you can find more adoptive families.
Now, I'd like to share with you websites where you can help families trying to adopt.
This first one is something that I enjoy doing every Monday. Every Monday, this website introduces us to a new family and you can make a donation of at least $1. Every little bit helps! These are all families adopting from Africa.
I was very excited to find this website. It's a directory of adopting families. You can choose one to help by shopping in their online store. They have some great t-shirt designs.
I really like this family's tshirt and would love to buy one: Defined by the Divine.
I ordered this bracelet, but you can order your own with a verse that's important to you: BrimmingGrace
I also want to order one of these ornaments: For the Fatherless
I really hope you'll visit some of these blogs. I also hope you'll consider visiting some of the other sites and finding a way that you can support adopting families.
If you know of another great adoption blog or website, I'd love to know about it.

4 comments:
You are doing such a great job!! When does it end?
I will check these out! Those ornaments are awesome!
You are precious! I added the Ornaments for Adoption link to http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/ for her Favorite Charities link up. Hope that helped and brought some traffic your way!
New blog follower from Sippy Cups and Pearls!
andyandbrittanymyers.blogspot.com
Post a Comment