Blogging tips

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday Social: Literature

If you've been reading my blog posts for any amount of time, you've probably seen me say that I LOVE to read. So, I was very excited when I saw this week's Sunday Social questions.

Sunday Social

1. Favorite childhood book:
I admit, I was having a really hard time with this one. I have always loved to read-even when I was a kid. But no book is sticking out as my favorite from when I was younger. I even asked my Facebook friends what their favorite book was as a child to try and get ideas. So, instead I'm going to tell my favorite children's book. I love the book, Holes. I read it to my 4th graders every year.
Holes (A Yearling Book)


2 . Favorite Book lately:
 Right now, I'm loving the Gone Series. There are 6 books. The first 5 have already come out and I've read them, but the last one doesn't come out until April. It's no fun waiting for it to come out to find out how it will all end! I read most of this series while I was on my break, so I had lots of time to read. I read a couple of the books in less than 24 hours! This book definitely gives you something to think about.
Gone (Gone, #1)

3. Book you wish you could live in:
Harry Potter. Do I even need to explain? Awesome characters. Awesome places. Magical powers.

4. If you could be any character from a book who would it be and why?
 Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series. Hermione is a smart and strong female character. Without Hermione, Harry and Ron would not have survived many of the things they got into. She was always prepared and thought of things the guys didn't. Plus she got to marry Ron. :)
 

5. Favorite Book turned Movie?
 How the Grinch Stole Christmas {cartoon or Jim Carrey version}. While there are some movies out there that were based on books that I do enjoy, I can never get over the fact that the book is always better. It's very hard for me to love a movie based on a book I read. Again, there are some I enjoy, but I LOVE the Grinch movies and book.

6. Favorite Magazines:
I used to read magazines a lot, but not anymore. Now, the only magazine I read regularly is People magazine. I like it because it has celebrity stories, but also stories about everyday people and some things going on in the world.
 

Happy Sunday!

11 comments:

EMily said...

One of my favorite magazines is People, too, it has the entertainment factor, but not as much filth.

ricci said...

I'm obsessed with People magazine!! I usually go online to People.com and check on my celebrity gossip two or three times a day...LOL!! I also LOVE me some HP!! Thanks for stopping by my blog...I'm your newest follower!!

Simplyheather said...

I've never read the Harry Potter books or even seen the movies - I should change that. Lol. I love "How the Grinch stole Christmas". That's one of my favorite movies. It doesn't matter the time of year, haha!

xo, Heather

Lauren said...

Glad there are so many other Potterheads out there haha

...and I have heard only good things about the Gone series..I may have to check it out after I finish my current book!

cynthia said...

I've never heard of Holes. Gonna check it out. :)

Meghan said...

I thought about having Hermione as my answer for who I would want to be too. I think me and her have a lot in common!

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

I love Holes! I think that was one of the best jobs going from book to movie too.

Tiffany @ Austin Family Diary said...

Yes--Love How the Grinch Stole Christmas (both book and movie). And I totally wish I could live in Harry Potter--I've had some many dreams that I was apart of the crew haha.

Sabz said...

I nominated you for an award over at my blog :)

http://theeclecticgrabbag.com

Unknown said...

I love How the Grinch Stole Christmas. The little dog in the movie it so cute! I'm your newest follower from the link up :)

xo, Pam

www.pammowerdesigns.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love the Grinch too! Defiantly one of my favorites!
xx