Last week, I posted a big announcement. This was a big deal for me because I'm not one who likes to take risks. I especially don't like feeling like I've failed at something I put a lot of time and energy into. However, I had to forget all that because I could distinctly feel God tugging at my heart to do this. I had to remind myself that the people out there in the world making a difference are not any different from me. They're not special or unique. They just said "yes" when the opportunity arose. They took risks and stepped out of their comfort zones. God does not hold us accountable for the results of our labor. He only asks us to be obedient to Him and then let Him handle the rest. I've mentioned many times on here that Kisses from Katie is a book that has greatly inspired me. It is about missionary and adoptive mother, Katie Davis. Katie is only a few months younger than me, but has done amazing things for the Lord. Here's something she said in her book: "We can let fear of something that really is small compared to the greatness of God cripple us. Or we can take a risk, do something to help someone else, make a persons smile, change someone's world." I want to be obedient in this even when I'm worried about failing or not doing a good job or getting in over my head.
So, today the ornaments officially go on sale! You can check my Ornaments for Adoption page for ordering information.
Also, as part of Ornaments for Adoption, every Monday will be Adoption Monday here at Just a Small Town Girl. Today, I want to help you get to know the Brock family a little bit better. In case you missed it last week, this is the family that the money raised from the ornaments will go to help.
This is Bradley and Libby Brock.
They are expanding their family through domestic adoption.
I'm going to let Libby tell you more about their journey in her own words:
We have been together for eleven years and married for six of those years. However, we have known each other since childhood. Some of our favorite jokes start with me teasing Brad about how shy he was in high school. Needless to say, we’ve had many years to hope, dream, and plan for our future. Much like everyone else, those plans don’t always turn out like we perfectly imagined. Though we aren’t complaining about where this wonderful journey of life has led us, we had hoped to start a family long before now. I dreamed about being a mother when I was a little girl playing with my baby dolls, and Brad’s desire of being a father began to grow the first time he held is baby niece.We were only married a year before we decided that we could not wait any longer to start our family; a whole year earlier than what we initially planned! After many months of disappointments, we sought medical advice which only led to several more years of heartache. Back when we were young and innocently unaware of the sorrow that comes with infertility and miscarriages, before we were even engaged, we dreamed of growing our family through adoption. We typically thought that the normal way was to have a few children of our own, and then when we are more established financially, we would adopt more children.We humbly but gladly admit that our point of view has changed. We have had the privilege of witnessing family and friends being blessed with the gift of adoption. By observing their journeys and the different processes that they have gone through, we have come to the realization that we do not want to wait any longer to begin our unique chapter of adoption. As the old saying goes “If you wait until you are financially ready to have a baby, then you will never have one.” We have taken a trusting leap of faith by starting this process, and each step that we’ve taken so far has been confirmed and blessed. We are currently just waiting for the phone call to say that a birth family has chosen us. All prayers are welcome as we learn to wait patiently and give God the Glory of this story!
Haven't we all experienced those moments where life doesn't go according to plan? I'm learning to trust more and more that God's plan is way better than anything I could have come up with on my own and I need to do a better job of trusting Him. If you want to get to know the Brocks more, you can visit and follow along at their blog.
Be sure you check out the Ornaments for Adoption page and consider ordering an ornament or helping me spread the word.
Also, check back each Monday for more Adoption posts.


5 comments:
Hello there! Just found your blog at the Monday Meet Up Blog Hop ^^ You have a lovely blog, I liked it a lot so I'm following : ) Hope you get a chance to visit my blog too and tell me what you think xx
NOIREDAME
What a wonderful thing you are doing. I think adoption is a wonderful thing.
So excited! I'm headed to order my ornament!
What a great mission Megan!! I love this. I'm definitely going to go check out the ornaments asap!!!
Thanks for linking up!
We hope to adopt one day, I think it is so important! Love that you are doing this! :)
Claire @gypsyslowdown.blogspot.com
Post a Comment