Blogging tips

Friday, November 30, 2012

Favorite Things about November

November is over and December is here.....

which can only mean one thing....

It's time to link up with Dancing with Ashley for Favorite Things.


This month I decided to post my favorite things in 2 categories. 
Favorite Blog Things:
1. This month I expanded to take on business sponsors. I am very excited about this because I want to help promote small business. One of my business sponsor right now is The K.O. Jewelry who makes the cutest jewelry! I'm getting one of her pieces for Christmas. She's hosting a giveaway on my blog too. Don't miss out, it ends today! My second business sponsor is a person a know irl who just started her own shop selling cute hairbows, headbands, pins, and button earrings (which I've already gotten a few pairs of for Christmas gifts.). I would encourage you to check out The Little Lady Shop as well. 
 
Long Silver Tree Pendant Necklace
I'm getting this from The K.O. Jewelry for Christmas.
I'm getting some of these to give as Christmas gifts from The Little Lady Shop.
 
2. I'm giving away FREE and reduced price sponsorship all during the month of December and I announced it this past week! Before you start thinking oh my goodness will she stop talking about sponsorship?!?! I'd encourage you to read this post. It's been received very well so far.
3. I announced 2 link ups I'm starting this past week. One link up will start tomorrow. It's called The 25 Days of Christmas and I'd love to have you participate as we all spread Christmas cheer! The second one will start in January, but I need your help picking the photo for the button. I'd love to have you vote for the Throwback Thursday button, too. 
Just a Small Town Girl
4. Ornaments for Adoption continues to go really well.  So far, over $200 has been raised towards the Brock's adoption. There is still time left to get your ornament ordered!
Favorite "Real Life" Things:
1. Lee and I went to a Duke basketball game. Lee found a pair of tickets on Craig's List at a good price, so we couldn't resist. It was a lot of fun!
 
2. This video from the Big Bang Theory cast and crew-I love this show!
 
3. Melissa and Tony won Dancing with the Stars. I really enjoyed this All Star season and I've liked Melissa since that horrible season on The Bachelor. That season is the reason I stopped watching that show!
4. Shopping! I am not the type of girl who likes to shop a lot. I have to be in the mood to go shopping and I've been in the mood a lot this month. So, I got some new clothes and I've done a little bit of Christmas shopping too.
Some great finds include these red pants on sale at Old Navy and these cute flats at Target.
 
I'll leave you with this fun ecard that I think of every time I wear my red pants or a similarly on sale purple pair. 
Sassy pants

...and some other fun pins from November...
Haha...poor baby!
This poor baby!
Gratitude begins where my sense of entitlement ends. ~ Steven Furtick
 
Click and read this blog. It makes some great points!

 Please read the blog that goes along with this quote by clicking here. 
 
 
What's your favorite thing from the month of November?

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am going to start typing up my first few Christmas posts today! I have to make sure to fix them up when I get home and then schedule them :) I hope it turns out good!

Veronica and Daniel said...

bahah! I started laughing out loud at that baby and snowman picture! So far I have not been in the shopping mood - I have 0 christmas gifts so far - yikes! I enjoyed reading your favorites :)

Helene said...

Love those pants!! and that flash mob is so cool! I have really not even started celebrating christmas! but I am excited to!

anna lizbeth said...

love the video!! flash mobs make me very happy!!

Sarah said...

That baby looking at the snowman made me giggle outloud. Love your shoes and ecards are always fail-proof! :)

Kate said...

I love the e-card, and those pants!

Ashley said...

The boy with the snowman is so hilarious!!

Can't wait for your Christmas link up!

Kristen said...

Visiting from the link up. I LOVE Big Bang Theory and that video is fantastic, thanks for sharing! The be Christmas link up is brilliant...I will definitely back :)

Rachel said...

I agree so much with the married women not having pinterest boards of men--that just does not seem nice, at all!
And I love your bright jeans!!