Blogging tips

Friday, August 30, 2013

August Favorite Things

Goodbye August. Hello September.

Today, I'm linking up with Dancing with Ashley for Favorite Things.


Here are my favorite things from the month of August:

1. I got another new vehicle. You may remember what happened to my car over the summer. I got a Jeep shortly after. Well, the Jeep proved itself to be unreliable. So, we took it back to the dealership and they worked with us to get something else. In the end, I'm glad because it's much nicer.

2. I went to a Backstreet Boys concert. I got to live my childhood fantasy of seeing BSB in person. It was a lot of fun especially because I still listen to plenty of 90s/early 00s pop.

3. I went to a Grease sing along. They showed the movie Grease outside and we got to sit on blankets, eat a picnic, watch the movie, interact, and sing along. 

4. I bought the Anthem Lights Covers album off itunes and have listened to it so much this month.

5.  Even though it's August, which is traditionally the hottest month of the year, we had several days of cool weather this month. Plus, the nights have been mild. I hate hot weather, so this definitely makes my list.

What is one of your favorite things from the month of August?

5 comments:

Veronica and Daniel said...

Grease sing along!?! SO FUN! Love the new car :) Happy Labor Day weekend!

Unknown said...

You know, I grew up in Texas and have spent the majority of my like living in Humid states, but I've had a chance to live in UT which is a dry heat, and WA which is rainy 10 months of the year. I have always loved hot humid days, but since moving to NC after being in UT for a while, I've been enjoying those cooler more mild days in August this year too.

Julie said...

A Grease sing along would be great! Sounds like a lot of fun :)

Ashley said...

Those few days in the 70s were SO nice!! And so much fun going to a BSB concert. You've had a great month!

Katy said...

My cousin and I went to a Grease sing-along when we were younger. So much fun!

One of my favorite things in August was that I was offered a job with Carnival Cruise Lines! So excited!