Thank you for stopping by either as a follower or from the link up. Be sure that while you're here you check out Ornaments for Adoption and see what you can do to help the Brock family with their adoption.
Happy Tuesday! It's time to link up with The Austin Family Diary and Life. Love. Lauren. for the 10 Day You Challenge.
Happy Tuesday! It's time to link up with The Austin Family Diary and Life. Love. Lauren. for the 10 Day You Challenge.
Last week, everyone was one of my favorite weeks because I love to read. This week is 3 films. I'm kind of sad this link up is winding down. It's been a great way to get to know other bloggers better.
1. My favorite movie is Titanic. It's not simply because of the great love story or my childhood crush on Leonardo DiCaprio, but I think the movie has a great message about living each day as the gift that it is. To quote Jack Dawson: "I figure life's a gift and I don't intend on wasting it. You don't know
what hand you're gonna get dealt next. You learn to take life as it
comes at you... to make each day count."One of the first blog posts I ever wrote was about why I love this movie. You can read it here.
![]() |
| source: www.amazon.com |
2. My favorite animated movie is Up. This is a beautiful story. I mean how many movies can have you crying within the first 10 mintues? This movie also has a great theme of fully living your life.
![]() |
| source: www.amazon.com |
3. Gone with the Wind is a classic favorite. I mean who doesn't love the sweeping scenery and outfits of the Old South? Although, I know it's not completely realistic. I also occasionally enjoy a movie that doesn't end in "happily ever after." Scarlett is also my inspiration for dealing with my stress. My mantra is often "I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow."
![]() |
| source:www.amazon.com |
What's one of your favorite movies?




11 comments:
That is a great message in Titanic. Haha...and I thought I was a nut for crying for a cartoon, now I feel better. It is a great little film. Oh do I love Gone with the Wind; lol great mantra right! I love the whole story....I wonder if they will remake it someday and I doubt it would even hold up to the classic, but I would watch it anyway.
I remember when the Titantic came out in high school. My friends and I went to see if more times than I can count. Such a great love story!
My sisters were absolutely addicted to "Gone with the Wind" when we wew all younger. The scene that is forever scarred into my memory is the "leg amputation" scene in the hospital ("don't cut, don't cut") - I agree it doesn't stand up to too much scrutiny, but in a way, it's also a much better setting out of the lived experience of the Civil War than it's often given credit for.
Good choices!
I LOVED "Up!" Such a good story/movie!!
Oh Titanic....I love it!!! Well...I actually love every movie on this list.
One of my favorites has to be The Holiday. Have you seen it?
I loved all the optimism in "Up"! it was one of the sweetest movies ever! I wish I could give you a favorite movie, but there are soooo many good ones out there!
Titanic!! Yes! It was the best movie out there--first movie I cried in. And I loved UP--another tear jerker :)
Yes to GWTW! That was almost my third choice, but realistically I never have time anymore to sit for 3 hours to watch it. Just a classic movie
Good choices. I never saw Up but heard it was good.
Oh, I love Up! :) And the first time I saw Titanic I did not like it. I don't know why but I like it now. :)
Post a Comment