Blogging tips

Monday, October 8, 2012

Harry Potter Link Up #2

Earlier today, I posted about Ornaments for Adoption as I will do every Monday for the next 10 weeks. This week I talked about Why Adoption? I'd love for you to check it out if you're visiting from the link up or because the title "Harry Potter" caught your attention.

***
With all the talk of Harry Potter lately, I actually watched 2 of the movies last night (Order of the Phoenix and Half Blood Prince).

Simply, Ashley is hosting this link up where you answer questions about Harry Potter. So here goes week 2...

1)Your favorite female character? And why.
My favorite female character is Hermione. I love her! I think she is a great role model for girls. She is intelligent and isn't obsessed with boys or looks like many female characters. She also doesn't stand by and let the boys do everything. In fact, she's the reason Ron and Harry survived most of the situations they got into. Plus she gets to marry Ron. :)
2)Your least favorite Male character? And why.
My least favorite male character is probably Percy Weasley. The way he treated his family was terrible. Even though he did redeem himself in the end. I hate that they left his storyline out of the movies. Of course, there are other male characters I didn't like, but Percy sticks out in my mind.
3) Pick one: Horcrux or Hallows?
The whole last book was full of great information. I loved learning about both Horcrux and Hallows. If I had to choose, I probably liked learning about Horcrux more. It helped us to better understand the comlex character of Tom Riddle (aka Lord Voldemort). 
4)Which character do you relate to most?
As much as I would like to say Hermione, I'm definitely not as brave as her. I feel like I can relate to Neville in some ways. As before mentioned, I'm not a brave person and I'm not outspoken. Like Neville, I feel like I would just want to kind of fade in the background. However, I would hope that like Neville, I would step up when the time called for it. 
5)Your favorite pairing of characters?
Ron and Hermione! I love that they ended up together. However, I love that Harry Potter did not revolve around a love story. Yes, there was flirting (especially as they grew), but it was just enough without overpowering the story. I think Ron and Hermione balanced each other out perfectly. 
6)Your favorite professor?
After the last book, how can you not love Snape?!? But, I hated him for the first 6 books-especially after the 6th (HE TRUSTED YOU!). So, my favorite professor would probably have to be Professor McGonagall. She was strict, but those are usually the best teachers because they have high expectations. Also, she was tough. Do not mess with Professor McGonagall! 
7)Bring one character back to life? Who and why?
Sirius. No doubt. It broke my heart when he died. Harry finally had hope and had a parent figure. He felt like he could have a family and then that was ripped away from him!



4 comments:

Lulu and Sweet Pea said...

Found you via the HP link up! Newest follower :) I linked up this week too

Tiffany @ Austin Family Diary said...

Love this! I am hopefully going to catch up and do both this weeks and last weeks post soon :) Bahaha I can just hear Harry "SNAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEE HE TRUSTED YOU!!!!!"

Ashley McCardia said...

bahahaha i love that last picture!!! thanks for linking up with me!

Ashley McCardia said...

would love love love to have you!!!