Do you love Christmas? Then, you MUST check out this HUGE Christmas giveaway while you're here!
Last week was VERY busy for me in the blogging world. (Actually, this week is pretty busy too!) But I wanted to participate in the last 2 rounds of Harry Potter questions.
Last week was VERY busy for me in the blogging world. (Actually, this week is pretty busy too!) But I wanted to participate in the last 2 rounds of Harry Potter questions.
Here is last week's questions that I didn't get a chance to answer last week.
1)Do you prefer the books or the films?
Books-no question. I enjoy the movies, but nothing can compare to the connections you can make with a book and its characters. Plus, you get SO much more information.
2)If you could meet one member of the cast who would it be and why?
Emma Watson. She *seems* like a very normal, down to earth girl. It doesn't *seem* like she let fame or growing up in the spotlight go to her head.
3) If you could punish one of the characters and not get in trouble, who would it be and why?
Dudley Dursley. That child needed some punishment. He was spoiled rotten.
4)What parts of the films and books made you cry if any?
I cry easily, so there were several things. In the book- I cried when Sirius died, Dumbledore died, learning Neville's backstory, and pretty much throughout the whole last book-ESPECIALLY when Harry goes into Snape's memories. In the movie, the only time I remember crying is when Harry goes into Snape's memory and when they're showing all the people who died after the battle.
5) Scene from a book you wished was in the movie?
This is tough. I wish they could follow the book exactly when making a movie, but I understand why they can't. I also don't always notice things that are left out because when you've read the book, you already know the things. Looking back, I can see a lot that they left out of certain movies, but resurfaced later which probably confused people who've only seen the movies. I can't choose just one. Here are my top 5 things I wish they'd included:
1. More about Dumbledore and Voldemort's backstories
2. Neville's backstory-including what happened to his parents and how he could have been the one from the prophesy
3. Who are the Marauders? It is never explained who the makers of the Marauder's Map was or how Peter Pettigrew was changed to the Secret Keeper for the Potter's at the last minute and how Sirius was framed because it was supposed to be him.
4. Harry Potter and the HALF BLOOD PRINCE is the name of the book (and movie) yet very little attention is given to the Half Blood Prince in the movie. It's never explained. The only reference to it is Snape saying it was him.
5. Percy Weasley. He was such a jerk to his family for most of the series, yet was able to redeem himself in the end.
6)Were you satisfied with the epilogue?
No, I can't believe I'm admitting this. As much as I loved the whole series and think JK Rowling is an amazing author, the epilogue disappointed me.
7)If you could do ONE spell, without a wand..what would it be?
Accio. I can be so lazy sometimes. I hate when you sit down and get comfy only to realize you forgot something you need and you have to get up.
Here are this week's questions.
1)If you could ask Harry one question what would it be?
Before you found out you were a wizard, what got you through 10 years of living with the Dursley's?
Before you found out you were a wizard, what got you through 10 years of living with the Dursley's?
2)Who is your favorite marauder?
Padfoot-Sirus Black. He was a father figure to Harry when Harry really needed it. It hurt me when he died. Harry needed him.
Padfoot-Sirus Black. He was a father figure to Harry when Harry really needed it. It hurt me when he died. Harry needed him.
3) Least favorite house?
Slytherin. They never seemed to belong. They were the house everyone else was against. They were the house you were meant to not like.
Slytherin. They never seemed to belong. They were the house everyone else was against. They were the house you were meant to not like.
4)Do you think it was important for Dobby to die? What about his funeral in the film? Did you love it or hate it?
I don't like for anyone to die, but I can see the value of the sacrifice he made for Harry. Dobby was so loyal to Harry. I think the funeral was appropriate in the movie. There was so much to pack into that movie that (to me) were more important than extending Dobby's funeral.
I don't like for anyone to die, but I can see the value of the sacrifice he made for Harry. Dobby was so loyal to Harry. I think the funeral was appropriate in the movie. There was so much to pack into that movie that (to me) were more important than extending Dobby's funeral.
5) Would you have chosen a rat, cat or owl for your animal companion?
An owl. Owls are so cute plus they can carry messages for you. What can cats and rats do?
6)If you could have one of the Hallows which would you choose?
I would choose the invisibility cloak. I would love to be able to "disappear" sometimes. It would also be a good tool for spying on people. :)
7)Time turner or Pensieve? Why?
Pensieve. I love looking at pictures, so I think having a Pensieve would be an amped up version of looking through pictures. You could actually go back and relive old memories.
Pensieve. I love looking at pictures, so I think having a Pensieve would be an amped up version of looking through pictures. You could actually go back and relive old memories.
![]() |
| This is hilarious! Who comes up with this stuff? |
![]() |
| Raising them right from the beginning. I want my {future} child to have this. |
![]() |
| Mind=Blown |
![]() |
| I need this. If only I could really perform this spell. |





5 comments:
thank you for linking up love!! i love your answers!
I cried when Snape died. :(
I love that keychain! Great answers, I agree with almost all of them 100% - I might have to join this linkup in the future :)
I'm stealing the Half Blood Prince of Bel-Air photo. That cracked me up!!!
Great answers!!! I agree with they should of gone into more depth about the Mauraders
Sold to us Muggles as fiction!! hahaha...love that
I have been awaiting this HP post from you.
You didn't like the epilogue?? Why?!
Post a Comment