Blogging tips

Monday, October 1, 2012

Harry Potter Link Up

Today is a very special day for me in blogging because I'm taking a risk and trying to do something that is very near and dear to my heart. 

I've always enjoyed helping people, but I've never tried to do something like this on my own before.

So, if you're visiting this post from the link up or you saw my title and share my love of Harry Potter, I'd love it if you'd also check out my post from earlier today about Ornaments for Adoption.

Also, in the spirt of helping others, I signed up to be a Blog Angel this month with Craftbotic. I'm definitely not a blog expert nor do I have a huge following, but I enjoy commenting. I know how much it makes my day, so I don't mind doing that for someone else.

***

So, this morning as I was browsing the blogs I follow, one caught my attention because the title was Harry Potter!

Um...I love Harry Potter so even though I didn't have a lot of time, I just had to look at it. Well, of course, it's a link up. Don't you just hate how many good link ups there are?!? I often want to participate in them all, but don't want to post 50 posts a day. {sigh} ...the difficulties of blogging

Simply, Ashley is hosting this link up where you answer questions about Harry Potter. So here it goes... 

1)Your favorite of the 7 books?
I've never been able to choose just one. It seems like each time a new book came out, I'd think 'this one is my favorite.' I still can't choose JUST ONE, so I'd have to say books 5, 6, and 7 are my favorite. The characters are older so the plot gets more intense. You begin to get answers to how and why things happen. I also love the parts where Harry enters someone else's memories. 
  
2)Your favorite of the films?
Even though it wasn't very true to the book, I really enjoyed The Half Blood Prince as a movie. It was funny to me even though the plot begins to darken.

3)Which, if any, of the films made you angry for not staying true to the book?
The Half Blood Prince-even though I enjoyed it. Overall, none of the movies really made me mad. I had to just come to the conclusion that they can't make the movie exactly like the book, the movie will never be as good as the book, and just enjoy it for what it is.

4)Your least favorite female character and why?
My least favorite female character would be Petunia Dursley. First of all, anyone who spoils their child that much gets put on my bad list. Then, she was jealous of her sister and let that jealousy cause her to treat her nephew terribly. She also just stood by while her husband and son mistreated Harry. What a different childhood Harry could have had if Petunia had stuck up for her flesh and blood and treated him like a son.

5)Your favorite male character and why?
There's no way I can just pick one. I like different ones for different reasons. I like Ron because he's funny and is a great friend. He's probably the one I would have had a crush on if I'd gone to Hogwarts (move over Hermione!). I also like Draco Malfoy for some reason. Perhaps I feel sorry for him. I also really like Sirius and it broke my heart when Harry lost his chance at having a "family." And after reading the last book, who can not like Snape? I cry every time Harry gets to go into his memory.

6)What house would you LIKE to be in? now be realistic…which would The Sorting Hat put you in?
Who doesn't want to be in Gryffindor? It's the "cool" house. I don't think that's the house I would have been put in, though. I am definitely not brave. I probably would have been put into Ravenclaw. I was the "smart kid" in high school.

7)Which subject would be your favorite at Hogwarts? 
I probably would have like Potions because I enjoyed Chemistry in high school. I probably would also have enjoyed Charms because those are the practical, everyday things that every wizard needs to know.

*I'm currently having to use my husband's work computer (boo PC) because he's in class with our computer (yay Mac!) and it is not wanting to cooperate with letting me add images of some fun Harry Potter pins. Instead I'm going to ask that you follow this link to watch a video with some fun Harry Potter pick up lines.*

All this HP talk makes me want to reread the books or maybe watch the movies. :)



2 comments:

Ashley McCardia said...

thanks for linking up with me!! :))

ricci said...

Love your answers as of course #4!!! I wish she would have stuck up for Harry too!!!