The world is full of beauty. Do we take the time to stop and appreciate it? To me, it's the little things. A couple holding hands. A child's laughter. Changing leaves. Sun reflecting off water. A red delicious apple.
If we don't stop to notice these things, we will become immune to them.
{Don't we also become immune to God in our lives when things are going well?}
Beauty is easy to see on a bright and sunny day. However, when a rainy and cloudy day comes along we have a hard time finding it.
We think the beauty is gone, but it's just harder to see. The Earth is still the same whether it's sunny or rainy.
In the same way, God is still there when we experience the "rainy days" of life. We just have to seek Him.
"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
-Jeremiah 29:13
He doesn't change. We do. He doesn't turn His back on us. We turn ours on Him.
"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."
-Hebrews 13:8
I want to be sure that I don't only thank God and notice all the little things on my sunny days.
I want to also be thankful and see the beauty on my rainy days.
***
Since you read this short little post, here's another #ACrafter'sDream Christmas Giveaway "tip" for you. If you sponsor Just a Small Town Girl, you can earn 25 entries! You can now use the code acraftersdream to get 50% off all ads. If the ad you want is not available, you can still use the code and have an ad lined up for next month.



2 comments:
This post is just what I needed to put a smile on my face this morning! Thanks for the reminder to find the beauty in everything around us - it's always there! And thanks for the kind words and the shoutout above, it was a really difficult post to write but I'm glad that I did. :)
I like how you highlight your other posts connected to this post and how inspirational this piece is. thank you for sharing. I am following you now and would love for you to follow back.
Jillian
http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/2012/10/tidbits-of-halloween.html
Post a Comment