I have to begin this post by revealing that I have been a Blog Angel to Candice from Lilly Through the Valley. I have enjoyed reading and commenting on her posts and offering a little bit of advice {all in secret}. I even posted one of her blogs with great social media advice to my Twitter. I look forward to getting to know her better now that it's no longer a secret. She also will receive one of my new "The Big City" ad spaces if she'd like to have it.

If you'd like to see your ad on my page too, you can check out my new sponsor tab.
***

If you'd like to see your ad on my page too, you can check out my new sponsor tab.
***

I'm so excited to share with you my first guest post for Ornaments for Adoption!
So, one day I joined a blog hop and starting doing a little hopping around. A blog called "Satisfaction Through Christ" caught my attention because I'm always looking for new bloggers who share my beliefs.
I jumped over to her blog and started looking around. I got more excited by the minute. Christie and I had so much in common!
The main things that caught my attention were the facts that we both live in NC, we both have husbands in the ministry, and we both have a heart for adoption.
We've been in a lot of contact since then and I look forward to the day that we get to meet.
I know I've found a great new friend.
Christie has been so supportive of Ornaments for Adoption from the minute I told her about it. I hope you'll take to heart what she has to say and I hope you'll jump over to her blog, follow along, and read some more about her adoption story.
***Take it away, Christie***
Here it is...
The call to adoption is for every Christian.
I know I've lost half of you already, but stick with me.
The call to care for orphans is not an issue the world needs to take care of. It's an issue the church is called to act on.
Can non-Christian families adopt? Of course, but it's not their mandate; it's ours!
And guess what? Caring for orphans looks different for every Christian! But, there is one thing we all need to do...pray for the orphan and pray for the families adopting them.
Now that we're all praying here's what we need to be doing -- giving and going!
Giving and going!? That sounds like missions!
It is!
Adoption is missions and one of the toughest missions you'll ever be involved in. Adoption is not for the faint of heart. Trust me! This little girl (and her biological brother) took me on the wildest ride of my life!
We were called to go, but we didn't go alone. We were actually called to go twice but came out empty handed the second time. Who knows, we may be called to go again!
But, we didn't go alone! We had "givers" and "prayer warriors" behind us every step of the way!
Today, you have the opportunity to be a giver! For as little as $10 you can help a family go!
Can you skip a meal or two out this week and purchase an Ornament for Adoption?
From one Mama who knows the blessing of going and receiving, you'll be blessing the Brock's more than you'll ever know!
To meet Christie and get to know her family more, you can visit her here:
Blog / Facebook / Twitter
***Back to Just a Small Town Girl***
Wow! Powerful challenge from Christie. But it's true. God calls us over and over in the Bible to help those in need.
Christie has ordered her ornament. She is helping the Brock family make their dream of starting a family come true. Will you do your part?
To find out more about ordering an ornament click on the Ornaments for Adoption tab at the top of my blog.
Christie has ordered her ornament. She is helping the Brock family make their dream of starting a family come true. Will you do your part?
To find out more about ordering an ornament click on the Ornaments for Adoption tab at the top of my blog.

5 comments:
So excited to guest post for you today, girlie! Praying it reaches many!!
You are so sweet to do that for Candice!! I know she really appreciates it!
Just found you through the huge giveaway! i am excited to be your newest follower and get to know you more! Would love for you to stop by and follow along if you'd like :)
sjdmiller.blogspot.com
I'm here from the Sunday blog hop (I'm running a little behind, lol), and I'm following you now. Adoption is such a blessing for the giver and for the recipient. How wonderful that you found a real life friend through blogging!
I just wanted to come by and let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Blog award. Come by any time and get it. : )
Post a Comment